Tuesday 6 March 2018

Chrystal

Ivan strode down the corridor to Lady Chrystal's room. At the door he listened out of habit and hearing nothing, entered. Lady Chrystal was sitting on a sofa holding the cup Ivan had thrown at Shine. She looked preoccupied, but Ivan had something important to say.
"Mother."
She looked up. "Ivan." She smiled with her lips only. "You have a sister."
"I know. Shine is my sister."
"Oh. Yes I forgot." A look of hatred briefly darkened her face.
"I meant another one. I thought she was dead or far away from here."
Deciding that what he had to say was more important than the information being passed on to him, Ivan tried again.
"Mother, do you think-"
"The prisoner you showed me last night, she's my daughter." Chrystal spoke through gritted teeth, clutching the cup with white knuckles. "I will make her miserable."
"I'm not exactly sure how all this is important to me, Mother. I want to ask-"
"Don't you see that if you have an older sister, she will be leader instead?"
"Well yes”
“Well then?”
“I suppose it makes sense. But Mother, l need to ask you something.”
“What is it?”
“Do you think I should marry Sonia?”
“Marry whoever you like.”
“Alright.” at the door he turned, “I think I'll wait a bit, though.”
Chrystal nodded and smiled

No comments:

Post a Comment